Many people find it very challenging to write a personal biography. I find it helpful to conduct a self-interview. First write down a list of questions, and then you write down the answers to those questions. Once you have this content developed you have something to work with. From there you can take the answers and format them into a more formal biography.
Here is an interview example to get you started:
- What was your first memorable experience with art?
- Can you explain when you wanted to become an artist? Who/what turned you on to art?
- Is there a single piece of artwork that has impacted you?
- What artists influenced you the most?
- What do you like most about the medium and surface you use?
- What ideas are behind your current work?
- What do you want people to respond to in your work?
- Do you have a predetermined idea of what your finished work will be like?
- What are you goals for your work in the next few years?